Saturday, March 17, 2012

Giving Up Pop

Okay, so this isn't exactly a new thing.  I do this a few times a year, and am actually quite successful... that is, until I get a throbbing headache at work, at which point I surrender to a can of my very favorite carbonated beverage - Pepsi.  (Actually, my favorite is Wild Cherry Pepsi, but they don't carry it at school and it's really hard to find.)  And, since Christmas, I have also afforded myself the luxury of a pop on the way to school each Friday morning - Sonic does $1 larges before 11 AM.  However, effective last Sunday, I am no longer a pop-drinker.  Why?  In case you haven't seen it, check out the graphic below:

Harmful Soda
Via: Term Life Insurance

I am by no means a health freak, but if I look at it logically, why continue to pump it into my system when:
  • it is not good for my health (see above)?
  • it costs extra money?
  • its medicinal qualities can be achieved with actual medicine (if only I would keep Tylenol in my desk drawer)?
Result: a passionately renewed effort at cutting out pop for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment