Alright, folks, let's get one thing straight. We are all educated individuals. We are blessed to live in a country where we are taught how to read and write. Why, then, do we insist on doing it incorrectly? It's one thing to see it from a 7th grader, but quite another to see it from adults. I pride myself in my ability to find mistakes and fix them. And, if you know me, you know I enjoy doing it.
But I am also blessed to teach across the hall from the grammar Queen of the Universe. I get to stand in her presence nearly every day and regularly think about how I aspire to be as good as she. If you could make a job out of finding mistakes in professional publications, I would apply (sounds like a DREAM), but Chelsea would too, and they would hire her. They would be right to do so. She is good. She is better. She is best.
I put this on her wall on Thursday, December 20th:
I was delighted to see this post from her on Thursday, December 27th:
She is so good. So good. I sometimes get confused with the last few - even have to look them up - but here she is spouting them off like the real professional. I am posting this so you can bookmark them if you have trouble, too.
Props, Chelsea, props.

No comments:
Post a Comment