Tuesday, February 26, 2013

30 Before 30

This post has been long in the works.  I started it in September of 2012 just before my beautiful daughter was born.  These are a few of the things I am planning to do by the time I'm 30.  Some of them are do-once-and-cross-off-the-list-types, and others are habits I would like to have firmly in place. Who knows where we'll even be living when I'm 30, but here's to the adventure.

30 Before 30

  1. Continue a consistent morning routine, including Bible study and prayer, before the rest of the house wakes
  2. Have an exercise routine in place for at least 3 days/wk (I HATE running, but I would love to conquer my hate and do it anyway.  It worked with broccoli.)
  3. Be on my phone less
  4. Make Thanksgiving dinner complete with a turkey, even if it's just for us, and even if it's not Thanksgiving
  5. Plant and tend a garden
  6. Make a first-year baby book for my daughter 
  7. Be in the regular habit of reading for pleasure
  8. Spend at least 30 minutes of undivided time with my children every day completing an activity of their choice
  9. Eat at home every weeknight and serve a vegetable with every meal
  10. Take more pictures
  11. Continue to give to our church and other ministries and programs, becoming more generous every year
  12. Finish my book :)
  13. Be on the road to my goal weight (now that we are done having kids :)
  14. Journal consistently
  15. Continue to keep diligent track of my children's medical information using their ISNs
  16. Do my daughter's hair each day that I get up with her
  17. Be discipled by an older, mature, and more experienced follower of Jesus
  18. Recycle EVERYTHING that is recyclable 
  19. Compile all the video I have of my son's first, third, and fourth years of life and my daughter's first year of life, edit together, and make a DVD for each year
  20. Read at least two books on parenting
  21. Enroll my son in preschool
  22. Build my husband up every day with my words and actions
  23. Have built up our savings and emergency funds to our goal amounts
  24. Have gone on a family vacation, or at least have one on the books
  25. Continue to reuse and save money by purchasing used items instead of buying retail
  26. Have a date night with my husband at least once a month - don't necessarily need to spend money, but just be alone together without the kids
  27. Build up a new wardrobe
  28. Re-draft and re-commit to our budget considering changes in our income
  29. Get outside more
  30. Be content to bloom (happily, not grudgingly) where God has placed me

No comments:

Post a Comment