I finished my YAL reading list and decided that I really like reading from a list. I pretty much like any list, so it makes sense that I like reading from one. I always have a mental list of books to read, but writing it down made it so much easier to keep track and cross them off.
So, I'm doing it again, but this time I only have two YAL titles:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Parenting with Love & Logic by Jim Fey
Silver Star Jeannette Walls
Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins
I know...it's a strange list. The two parenting books are summer goals, so I really need to get on those quick because, well, summer is rapidly slipping away. The two classics are ones I'm embarrassed to say I have never read, so I've got to take care of those. I have obviously already read Mocking Jay, but I did so in the two days that followed its release in 2010. I read it so fast and hated it so much that I'm just now forgiving Suzanne Collins for it and thinking I need to give it another shot. As for the other four, they were all recommended by friends.
Here's to knocking out most of this list before summer's over!
No comments:
Post a Comment