Thursday, August 28, 2014

Kindle Book: The Skinny Rules

The Skinny Rules

by Bob Harper

Length: 304 pages
Format: Kindle
Price: $12.99 (I know...expensive for me!)
How I heard about it: Lindsey
Basic Premise: Bob Harper (trainer on NBC's The Biggest Loser) establishes and discusses 20 rules which he believes will lead his readers to a healthier and skinnier way of life.

My Take: 9 out of 10 (scale here)
I liked this book a lot. It was direct, to the point, and didn't make me feel like a idiot. I pretty much hate non-fiction, but this one was quick and painless, and, being a rule-follower, I liked the structure and the absolutes.

I immediately started to implement the rules and quickly discovered that rule #1, which is to drink a full glass of water before every meal, was actually much harder than it looked. In the same way, eating a full breakfast was easier than I expected it to be. In fact, I've done a pretty good job of taking pictures of my breakfasts as I've eaten them:


In addition to the 20 rules, Harper includes numerous recipes that go along with his skinny rules. A few things I have pretty much fallen in love with as a result of this book:
  • Ezekiel bread (OMG)
  • Salmon
  • Tomatoes instead of ketchup with my eggs
  • Spaghetti squash...can't believe I waited so long to try it!
  • Eggs (which I seem to have rediscovered)
  • Oatmeal
This is a really great book, and I look forward to experimenting more with these rules and recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment