Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween

I may have said this once or twice before. I HATE Halloween. I always have. Part of this is due to the fact that I didn't really celebrate it as a kid. We dressed up, but we always came home and watched The Wizard of Oz. My parents didn't want us out Trick or Treating (which I didn't understand then but I understand now), so I never really got the obsession with the holiday.

Enter me having kids and...I LOVE Halloween!

We started back in August. Charlie decided on Spiderman. I turned to my good friend Lindsey, because I know she has every superhero costume there is. Sure enough, she had one. It had a hole in it so I took it to my mom, who repaired the hole...and then took the whole thing apart so she could reinforce all the seems.  That's my mom.
Lucy's costume was more difficult. I had purchased a used ladybug set right after she was born (it was SO cute and a good deal), but it needed a shirt. A leotard would have been perfect, but the only place I could find one was Amazon, which I really didn't want to do, but ended up having to do anyway. So Lucy was a ladybug.
Our neighborhood does a super cute little Halloween parade and the cousins come over, so we always try to get some pictures:


We also celebrated by visiting the pumpkin patch in Lawrence with Grandma and Uncle Steven:
My children were particularly fascinated by the chickens


Carving and painting pumpkins:


Having a party and parade at school:

The night before...read about these bad boys here!
Morning of...they were SO excited!
AWWWWWWWWWWW!
And visiting Grandparents on Halloween night.
It was a fun time! Now Charlie is talking nonstop about Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment