Saturday, April 14, 2012

Menu Plan: Week 1

This is my first official week of menu planning.  It's Saturday morning at 6 AM, the house is clean, and no one else is awake.  I have no excuses.  One of my goals from this post was to make meals at home every night of the week, so this is an attempt to keep planned and organized.  I am also inspired by my good friend over at Everyday Home Cook, who has been great at this:
Taco Bar - brown and season the beef today while I have time
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
Bierocks - make the dough today while I have time
Leftovers to go (Thursday nights we bring Daddy dinner at church)
Birthday dinner - out with the family

One of the points of menu planning is to help make the grocery list for the week.  I checked the ads before I made this menu plan and need to purchase the following:
  • 2 lbs ground beef - on sale at Hyvee $2.48/lb (NOT a great deal, but the best one I've seen on beef lately!)
  • taco shells - $.99 @ Aldi (regular price)
  • tortillas (I prefer soft tacos) - $.99 @ Aldi (regular price)
  • refried beans - $.49 @ Aldi (regular price)
  • (I already have taco seasoning, cheese, and sour cream)
  • a head of cabbage - I'm not sure on this one, but at Aldi I can usually get it for around $1.29
I have everything else I need already for these meals.  Of course I need other things, like milk, butter, fresh fruit (which my son goes through like nobody's business), cereal, yogurt, a whole chicken (which Hyvee has on sale for $.69/lb), and ingredients to make this Rice Krispy Treat recipe. I am going to see if I can get onions and maybe even the cabbage at the farmer's market today, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment