Graduation: Part 2
Graduation: Part 3
I can't really explain how it felt to watch my husband finish five years of investment in our future. When he came in in his cap and gown, I immediately started bawling. This has been such a long and trying road, but it all seemed worth it at that moment.
My husband is the most amazing man I know, and I know lots of them. He worked his tail off for five years straight and hardly ever complained. He would always take time for our son, and when I would start to crack because I hadn't seen him in a few days, he would drop everything - even if it meant staying up later and getting that much less sleep - and spend time with me. He gave his all at work and he did his best at school. Where does he get that type of energy? I come home from one day of teaching and I'm beat. I am awed and inspired by his devotion, and thankful for the nine zillionth time that he's mine.
So what comes next? Well, technically he's not done. He's staying one more year for his Master's Degree, but he'll be a graduate teaching assistant, so technically he'll have a job, so I'm really thinking of it more as a job than another year of school. After that, he will be highly specialized in energy management, which will qualify him for any number of jobs in the swiftly growing area of energy conservation.
It's tempting to ask questions about the future - where will he get a job? Will we have to move? Where to? But if I've learned anything in the past few years, it's that things rarely turn out the way I plan. I just have to take one day at a time and trust that God is going to take care of us, and He hasn't failed us yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment