Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer Goals:

For the first time since my freshman year of high school, I am not working during the summer.  I am a busybody, so until my son was born, I never really minded working in the summer.  However, the last two years of summer school have been torture.  I have wanted nothing more than to be home with him!
So here are a few goals for the wide-open summer! (In no particular order)
  • Practice being a stay-at-home mom and see how I like it
  • Go to Tulsa to visit my brother and sister-in-law at least once
  • Go on a family mini-vaycay
  • Organize our neighborhoood garage sale and have one myself (June 2nd - come by!)
  • Nap!
  • Come up with a daily chore schedule and stick to it (instead of doing everything on the weekends)
  • Yard sale on Thursdays and Fridays
  • Take my son on play-dates a few times a week (even if it means I have to spend a little money)
  • Go to our 10 year HS reunion
  • Cook and bake much more often!
  • Write my maternity lesson plans...ugh 
  • Help prepare for VBS and head up Rec (new thing...I've always either taught or done music!)
  • Read constantly
  • Go to Wichita to visit friends
  • Get away for at least one night to celebrate our 8th anniversary
  • Find out whether we're having a boy or girl and, if it's a girl, start stocking up for girl stuff at yard sales
  • Potty-train my son*
  • Throw a killer baby shower for my sister-in-law!
  • Get family pictures taken!
  • Host a 4th of July party for the parade!
  • Go to the pool every day, or almost every day
  • Try something new with my son each week
  • Be outside more (even though I hate the heat and taste like straight sugar to mosquitoes)
  • Build up a maternity wardrobe from yard saling and gift cards I saved from my birthday
*Could not be more terrified at this utterly overwhelming prospect

I'm sure I'll be adding to this list as the summer goes on.  I am starting with garage-sale-prep, come Tuesday of next week!  We are going through each room in the house with a box and pricing stickers.  Then we're going to attack the basement.  I also need to make signs to place all around the neighborhood.  Maybe I won't have as much time this summer as I was thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment