Friday, August 3, 2012

Thank You 5: My New Sink!

I went to California for four days, and not only did my husband give me a wonderful going away present, take care of our son, clean our house, do all the laundry, and go to work - he got me a new sink.

Now before you can fully appreciate this act of true love, you must understand our sink.
It was DISGUSTING. When it was new, it was probably nice, but whatever film had been put on it to protect it from stains had worn off LONG ago.  No matter how much I scrubbed, let it soak, used bleach - NOTHING would get this stinking thing to look clean.  And then there was the faucet.  It wouldn't shut off, no matter how you adjusted the handle.  Before going to bed at night I would place one of our water jugs underneath the faucet to catch the water and fill the jug.  It would be full in less than 10 minutes, and the remainder of the night it would drip over and leak into the sink.  I don't even want to know how much water was wasted because this stupid faucet wouldn't shut off, not to mention the tediously annoying drip, drip, drip.  Are you getting my tone, here? I HATE THIS SINK. I have been asking for a new one almost since we moved in.

When I returned from vacation, I found this:
It has a removable spout, with a button to adjust flow and spray AND there is so much room! I screamed, did a dance, jumped up and down - I made such a racket that my son came running into the room and asked, "What's wrong, Mommy?"  Nothing, my dear boy.  Your daddy is just my hero for the millionth time.

So thank you, thank you, thank you to my dear husband for my new sink!

1 comment: