Last week's menu worked out exactly as I planned (how often does that happen?) but I was a little disappointed in the Slow Cooked Pot Roast. I used my programmable crock pot, so it had to sit, not cooking, for several hours, and even though it was set to "warm," it was pretty dry by the time we were ready to eat. :( Oh well - the quesadillas with the leftover meat were delicious!
- Tacos - we have a taco lunch at school this week, so I'm planning to brown up four pounds of beef and season three of them with taco seasoning. We'll eat one at home, I'll take two to school, and the pound of unseasoned meat will be used for:
- Bierocks - coleslaw is on sale at HyVee this week for $.88! Perfect!
- Crab Rangoon - I have never made these, but I made eggrolls last week and have some wrappers left over. I'd like to try them with this chicken fried rice recipe, too.
- Grilled Cheese & Ravioli - this will be our quick-night meal.
I like to add gummy worms :)

LOVE Dirt Dessert! We made the pudding/cream cheese mixture and layered it with red velvet cake this last weekend to make a red & white striped trifle for a Seuss-themed baby shower. It was a hit!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm sad to hear the roast didn't turn out :( I wonder if it was the cut of meat?
ReplyDeleteI hadn't thought of that but maybe that was it. We bought 1/8th of a cow and I used one of the roasts from it. Seriously, though, the leftovers were PERFECT for quesadillas!
Delete