Island of Thieves
by Josh Lacey
Format: Kindle
Price: $4.61
Price: $4.61
Author Website: http://www.joshlacey.com/
Basic Premise: Tom Trelawny doesn't know anything about his uncle except that he's British, a bachelor, and doesn't seem to get along with his dad. When Tom's parents leave him with his uncle unexpectedly, the stay turns into a trip to Lima, Peru, complete with kidnapping, hijacking, treasure hunting, and escape-attempting.
There wasn't really anything wrong with this book. It was interesting, adventurous, and somewhat entertaining. I felt from the writing style that it was geared toward younger children - you know, 4th graders or so. Uncle Harvey was terribly irresponsible, and kind of a sleazebag. There were a few times where I thought the plot was thickening a bit, but alas, no. I was not extremely excited about finishing it, but I needed to cross it off my list.
I will not be reading the sequel.

No comments:
Post a Comment