Thursday, May 8, 2014

Get Fit: SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE!

I'm not going to waste time talking about how excited I am for summer, because everyone is.  I mean, who ISN'T excited for days off, warm weather, the POOL?  I outlined my fitness goals for this summer in this post and have done a little tweaking.  Here is the updated version:
1) Get down to 140, or maybe a better way to say it would be a size 6 in everything, not just shirts, dresses or pants from LOFT or GAP, which run big (I've got a little junk in my trunk, hips, and thighs) 
2) Learn how to lift/tone
3) Keep up activity with yoga and walking (and possibly learning to run...ugh)
4) Return to a plant-based diet
5) Complete 30 days of yoga in July

I have decided I really do want to be 140.  I have put on a few pounds since March because I've kind of quit worrying so much about eating the right stuff, and when you quit focusing on eating the right stuff, it becomes quite easy to eat the wrong stuff.  I am axing #2 because I have decided I don't want to join a gym and I feel like I can add this one in later.

But #5 is REALLY the one I'm excited about.  I visited a studio in Tulsa called Salt.  Since then I have been on their email list and they are running a special in the summer where they challenge their yogis to do 30 sessions in 30 days.  I thought it was a great idea so I sent it to Lindsey and said "I wish our studio did stuff like this," to which she responded, "Send it to them!"  Turns out, they really liked the idea and are going to run it next month!  I am planning to pick my membership back up here in a few weeks and I am really looking forward to this challenge!

And LAST (and most exciting) - to help get myself motivated for Phase 2 of Get Fit, I will be featuring GUEST BLOGGERS for the next four weeks.  These are women who have had enough and decided they wanted to take eating and exercising into their own hands.  I am so excited that these women are willing to share their stories with me!  So be watching for the first post from Jo Marie (whom I would tag if she HAD A BLOG...you really need a blog, Jo) which will be up by the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment