A bad habit I'm going to break:
Complaining. I do it way more than I think I do, and since I am surrounded on all sides by people who don't complain, it's becoming more and more obvious. So, complaining.
A new skill I'd like to learn:
Less learn, more practice - the art of letting my will control my emotions. I've been working on "letting it go" and am finding that my will is far more capable at controlling my feelings - and far better - than I had thought possible. I'd like to make this a part of my every-day functioning.
A person I hope to be more like:
My husband. He always thinks of others first. He cares wholly and deeply. He is always calm, cool, collected, un-stressed, and put together. I want to be like that.
A good deed I'm going to do:
I'm not sure "deed" is the right word for this, but I want to find ways to build up my four-year-old every day. I seem to spend an awful lot of time correcting him. I want to come up with meaningful ways to affirm and encourage him, but he doesn't appear to care too much about my words. Is there a love languages book for pre-schoolers? Taking suggestions.
A place I'd like to visit:
Here
A book I'd like to read:
Shepherding a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp and Parenting with Love and Logic by Jim Fey. I really hate reading for information, but I'm going to do it anyway.
A letter I'm going to write:
Thank yous for Christmas gifts :)
A new food I'd like to try:
More healthy stuff that's easy and delicious and cheap. Taking suggestions.
I'm going to do better at:
Spending quality time with my family. Not saying "I'm listening" to my husband and really checking my phone. Not saying "No, honey, I'm making dinner" when my son asks if I want to play rocket ships. Not saying "Ugh, Lucy, stay out of there" when she pulls ALL the pans out of the bottom cabinet while I'm unloading the dishwasher. I'm not terrible at this, but I definitely have room to grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment