Saturday, January 11, 2014

Get Fit: Menu

This is my menu(ish) for the week.  I needed a trip to the grocery store but just didn't have the time. Many meals repeat, but as I like repetition of old favorites and don't have need for much variety, I don't have a problem with that.  And also, I suck at taking pictures.  I never remember.  Hence the absence of pictures.
SUNDAY:
(no breakfast or snack...Sunday mornings are hectic and if I don't prepare ahead of time, well, I don't eat)
Lunch: Greek yogurt, mini-peppers, apple
Snack: almond butter + bananas
Dinner:  Greek salad

MONDAY:
Breakfast: apple + almond butter
Snack: Mandarin orange
Lunch: tomato veggie soup, small Greek salad
Snack: almonds
Dinner: black bean soup, cottage cheese

TUESDAY:
Breakfast: Greek yogurt + fruit no breakfast
Snack: carrots no snack

Lunch: black bean soup, apple + almond butter
*today was rather busy at school - I planned and packed ALL of this, but didn't eat it :(
Snack: almonds + raisins carrots from earlier
Dinner: Greek salad, cottage cheese

WEDNESDAY: (busy day)
I don't remember.  This is probably my busiest day of the week.  I know I ate cottage cheese, blackberries, apples, Greek salad, and Greek yogurt at various points in the day.  I think I ate some peanut butter while I was making my son a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but otherwise, no cheating.

THURSDAY: (busy day)
Breakfast: banana
Snack: Mandarin orange Greek yogurt
Lunch: tomato veggie soup nope - too busy for lunch
Snack: almonds to busy for snack
Dinner: chicken & dumpling soup, banana, and a few chips with dip
**This meal was at my parents house.  It was one of those things where I didn't know I wouldn't be eating at home, but it was more convenient (and money-saving, as I had planned a fast-food stop with a salad) to just eat with them.  I made the most healthy choice of the available options, apart from the chips and dip.  But it is our family-favorite dip, and I just couldn't help myself.  Moving on.

FRIDAY:
Breakfast: banana nope
Snack: Greek yogurt + mini peppers
Lunch: tomato veggie soup
Snack: banana + almond butter peanut butter
Dinner: Chili, apple

Debrief:
Strictly speaking, chili is against the rules.  It has meat in it.  But I was so maxed out by Friday night, and after battling with my 4-year-old dishing out what felt like consequence after consequence, I was tired.  Chili was in the fridge and it's what everyone else was eating.  I had one bowl and did not add cheese and sour cream, like the old me would have.  Not beating myself up about breaking the no-meat rule.  If I had eaten lasagna, I would be beating myself up.  But it was just chili - beans, tomatoes, onions, sauce.  No pasta, no cheese.  Moving on.  Tonight we are having dinner at my husband's office gala and I am going to do the same thing - I have no idea what's on the menu, but I'm going to make the smartest decisions possible in the circumstance and move on.

I'm feeling pretty good about this week.  I went from 150 on Sunday to 147.4 this morning.  Not bad for a week.  And the hardest part - the first week - is over.

Not bad.

2 comments:

  1. Remind me...do you have a specific recipe for your Greek salad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! Proud of you and interested to read more! Why no meat?

    ReplyDelete